Earlier this week, it emerged that the findings of a Buckingham Palace investigation into plague claims by royal staff against Meghan will never be published. A royal insider claimed the Queen did not want the investigation made public, as there has been “enough drama” surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are living in California after they resigned from their royal duties.
The source told Vanity Fair: “It was damage limitation, protecting the royal family and also the Duchess of Sussex.
“The Queen thinks there has been enough drama surrounding the Sussexes and she wants a line drawn.”
Buckingham Palace launched an investigation into allegations of staff bullying against Meghan in March 2021.
Past and present collaborators were invited to talk in confidence about their experiences working for the former actress.
It came after allegations that she expelled two personal assistants and “humiliated” another staff member.
The Duchess has vehemently denied the allegations.
At the time, the palace said any recommended changes to HR policies after the review would be shared in the Sovereign Grant report, which is published annually and documents the royal accounts for the year.
However, a senior Palace source said Thursday the investigation findings will be kept private.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle Is ‘Most Intelligent Royal’ – Won’t Stay ‘Silence’
Mr Fitzwilliams said: “The Palace, faced with the possibility of a Harry memoir later this year and who knows what else if the Sussexes, as budding philanthropists, were thwarted, has simply closed it down.
“Of course, this is also an olive branch for the Sussexes.
“This is not a monument to transparency and those involved may feel offended, especially given the allegations that Meghan mistreated the staff.”
It comes after Harry and Meghan returned to Britain with their children Archie and Lilibet for the first time since Megxit last month to celebrate the Queen’s platinum jubilee.
They made their first public appearance alongside the Windsors in two years over the extended bank holiday weekend.
The pair made a series of bombshell claims about the monarchy in their Oprah Winfrey interview last March.